Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Traditions!

So today was Traditions, which is kind of a mixture of any normal company’s orientation and Disney secrets (kind of). It takes place at Disney University, which is on the WDW property kind of close to Magic Kingdom. It lasts about 4 ½ hours, and I’m not gonna lie: it’s pretty painful. But I also understand why it’s necessary.

The first hour of Traditions is pretty basic orientation stuff for any company (don’t sexually harass people, don’t steal our shit, etc.) Then we took a field trip of sorts that helped illustrate some company rules. After that we went back to Disney University and learned some stuff about company history, along with rules and guidelines to follow when we’re working. I’m being purposely vague here, because it’s way better if you don’t know exactly what to expect. So, word of wisdom: don’t ask a bunch of people what happens, because then the surprises are ruined for you and you’ll hate your life on this day.

The best part of the day is getting your nametags!

Hooray Nametags!

And Cast Member IDs! Which equals free admission to all of the Disney parks! Hoorah!

Cast ID + Free admission to the parks = Pretty sweet deal :]

The worst part of the day is the fact that I was in the later session, so I didn’t get done until like 6:30 PM and it’s a Wednesday, so the Magic Kingdom closes at 8. My roommate and I ended up going to the park anyway, just because neither of us has ever been to WDW. We went on the Jungle Cruise and watched Dream Along With Mickey, The Magic, The Memories and You!, and Wishes. I’m glad that I finally got to visit the parks, but I’m really looking forward to actually having the opportunity to really explore them.

Tomorrow’s my first day of character attendant training, bright and early at 8:30 AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment